DBD::mysql – even more utf8-issues fixed, super CI

In my previous post I explained how many utf-8 related issues are now fixed in the latest DBD::mysql development release, and I asked for feedback and testing from our users. Even better utf-8 handling I’m happy to inform you that, thanks to your feedback, we’ve now released yet another development version, with even more UTF8… Continue reading DBD::mysql – even more utf8-issues fixed, super CI

Published
Categorized as mysql, perl

DBD::mysql – all your UTF-8 bugs are belong to us!!□□

After a couple of years of more or less “maintenance mode” on DBD::mysql – we had a hand full of people contributing occasional fixes and a whole slew of drive-by contributors – we now have a prolific contributor again: Pali Rohár. It’s great to see some more long-standing issues taken care of! This time around,… Continue reading DBD::mysql – all your UTF-8 bugs are belong to us!!□□

CPAN Pull Request Challenge for February: Archive::BagIt

About the challenge See for more information my post about January. My assignment for February This month my assignment is Archive::BagIt. I never heard of BagIt before, but according to the Wikipedia page it is a format used by libraries to archive information and to be able to retrieve it later. I decided to check… Continue reading CPAN Pull Request Challenge for February: Archive::BagIt

Published
Categorized as cpanpr, perl

Installing DBD::mysql on Strawberry Perl is really easy!

DBD::mysql is the driver for the Perl DBI database interface. Basically, if you want to interact with your MySQL or MariaDB  server from Perl, this is the driver you’d use. I co-maintain the driver and heard people complaining that it’s difficult to install it on Windows. This post basically explains that it’s not so bad.… Continue reading Installing DBD::mysql on Strawberry Perl is really easy!

Published
Categorized as perl